A land of unrivalled beauty Kenya has everything from snow capped peaks to flamingo lined coastlines, with all the open plains and fertile plateaus in between. Embodying the dramatic scenery and mosaic cultural landscape synonymous with Africa, the concept of safari was born here in Kenya. If you’re not already enchanted, here are 5 more reasons to choose a safari in Kenya for your adventure:
Our top 5 reasons for a Safari in Kenya
- Concentration of animals – Kenya’s parks and reserves are home to some of the highest and most diverse populations of animals in the world, including many endangered and rare species. The Laikipia plateau has the second highest density of species in Kenya including the ‘Big Five’ – Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino, Lion and Leopard.
- Coastline – along with mountainous areas and fertile plateaus, Kenya boasts over 300 miles of coastline bordering the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean. White sandy beaches are a beachcomber’s paradise while underwater adventurers can explore the second biggest coral reef in the world, the Kenyan Barrier Reef, which stretches over 140 miles.
- Activities – when you choose to safari (by vehicle, on foot, on horseback or perhaps by camel) in Kenya, a world of possibility awaits you. Travellers can enjoy golf, kayaking, sailing, mountain biking, snorkelling, scuba diving, hot air ballooning, mountain climbing, hiking, water skiing and fishing to name just a few.
- Vibrant skies – with over 1,070 avian species, Kenya has the second largest bird population in Africa. But its the density and ease of spotting that makes this experience so special for first timers and experienced bird watchers alike.
- History and Culture – a country seasoned with ancient settlements, Kenya has been moulded by a patchwork of tribes and ethnic groups, each with their own language, history and cultural practices. Among the most well known are the nomadic Masaai tribe, their lifestyle unchanged for centuries. The Kenyan people are notoriously friendly and travellers can be sure of a warm and hospitable welcome.
Home to vast populations of amazing creatures among a true melting pot of landscapes and cultures, Kenya offers travellers the opportunity to explore an entire continent within its borders.
Here at Sosian Lodge, we can’t think of a batter place to spend that once in a lifetime safari experience!